Whether they’re your favorite books from childhood, or the books that you now read to your little ones to help teach them valuable lessons about the world, and get them settled in time for bed – it’s impossible to argue with the fact that Dr. Seuss has played a big part in a lot of our lives. Theodor Seuss Geisel was a beloved author and cartoonist who would have turned 113 years old on March the 2nd this year.
Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!
To help you start your day right, and make sure that you’re still learning from the beauty and wonder that comes with looking at the world from a child’s perspective, we’re going to take a look at some of the best quotes that this amazing author wrote – specifically to make you smile.
1. “Why fit in, when you were born to stand out”
This one’s a particular favorite of mine, and great for kids who feel unpopular and left out sometimes. It could even be the quote that inspires you to wear that daring shade of lipstick!
2. “Think left, think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
Need something to inspire you to be a little more creative? Dr. Seuss can do it. He thought up some pretty phenomenal stuff himself – green eggs and ham for instance.
3. “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
4. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
The quote of bookworms everywhere, and an excellent one to share with your kids when they’re refusing to do their homework!
5. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
6. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
You’ve probably seen this quote on Facebook before – but most people don’t realize it was actually penned by Dr. Seuss.
7. “I have heard that there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, and some come from behind. But I’ve brought a big bat, I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
We all encounter rough periods in life, but you can overcome them with a bit of determination… and a big bat!
8. “Don’t give up! I believe in you all. A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
9. Today you are You, that’s truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
We all want to be like someone else from time to time, but this Dr. Seuss quote reminds us to be true to ourselves.
10. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
The world is your oyster! Go out with these positive quotes in your mind and seize the day!