Once Upon A Maritime is an online entertainment site dedicated to TV. We have everything TV enthusiasts desire, the news, spoilers, recaps , casting news, reboots and more.

Beauty Hack: DIY Lavender And Coconut Scalp Mask To Grow Longer And Healthier HairEveryone seems to want longer and healthier hair. The average woman spends hundreds of dollars every year on hair conditioners, hot oil treatments, or even fake hair since their own natural hair doesn’t look the way that they want it to. Wouldn’t it make more sense to treat and condition the source of your hair, rather than your hair itself?

Think about it, your hair grows out of your scalp. Are you giving your scalp enough TLC to ensure that it grows a strong and healthy head of hair? Or are you just treating your hair after it grows out of your scalp?

There is an amazing and affordable beauty hack out there that not enough women know about, and men too for that matter. DIY scalp conditioning masks! We make face masks out of food in our refrigerator, so why not a scalp mask too?

You Might Also Like  —> Home Beauty Hack: DIY Coffee Facial Recipe – Natural And Amazing

Two tried and true ingredients when it comes to scalp masks are lavender and coconut. Both ingredients’ oils are tried and true hair conditioning treatments and they have the same effect of your scalp. Believe it or not, a common reason for thinning hair is a fungus (you can’t actually see it) that grows on your scalp. And, coconut oil is one of the strongest natural antifungals out there!

If you are ready to take the next step in your hair care and want to try a DIY scalp conditioning mask, you will only need TWO ingredients: coconut oil and lavender essential oil.

Mix 2-3 TBSP of coconut oil with 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil, and you are ready to go. Rather than massaging the oil into your hair, start at your scalp and massage the oils into your head with your fingertips. Work your way down rather than up. Toss a shower cap on your head and head to bed.

You Might Also Like —> Natural Coconut Oil – Uses and Health Benefits

In the morning, you can wash the oil out with your regular shampooing regimen, and you are ready to go! For the best results, sleep with a lavender and coconut oil scalp mask on a few nights a week. You will be amazed at how much stronger and healthier your hair grows in!

Share your thoughts in the Comments section below, on our Facebook Page,  Follow Our Twitter Account or Head Over To Our Pinterest Page!

15 Comments
  1. Ashleigh Walls says

I am trying to get my hair to grow longer. I am totally trying this out to see how it works!

2. Cindy Ingalls says

I’m definitely going to try this mask out to help my hair. I had no idea thinning hair could be the result of fungus. Even though it’s kind of gross, I’m glad to know coconut oil and lavender oil can help.

3. Liz Mays says

I’d love to try this and see how it affects my hair. I do have trouble with dryness and split ends sometimes.

4. Maria says

Oooh I’ve never tried lavender… have one the coconut oil thing but have not heard about the benefits of lavender.

5. Elizabeth O. says

Awesome tips! I think this lavender and coconut scalp mask will work great especially for women who have thin hair. It’s good to have healthy hair, so we can avoid things like hair loss, etc.

6. Travel Blogger says

My hair is coming out in CLUMPS since I had my son. It could really use some help.

7. Nikki Wayne says

Oh, I will try to make this! I am having crazy hairs ever since I got married!`

8. Kristen says

I love the smell of lavender. I bet this is amazing

9. Kathy says

This sounds nice! I love longer hair, so I’d love to try this out. I’ll be trying this out soon. Thanks for sharing.

10. Lisa Rios says

I agree, healthy hair is something that any women would love & we all tend to spend a lot of it. I always look for any natural solutions and the Lavender And Coconut Scalp sounds like a wonderful option to try out for great results!

11. Julie Syl Kalungi says

I use Coconut Oil on everything, Yet I have never used it lie this, and Lavender Oil same thing! Here is the deal does it work on Alopaecia? I have a friend who has gone totaly bald! She used to have a head full of luxurious black hair! Now she has a few wisps and they are silver!

12. Robin Rue says

This looks great. I am currently in the struggle for managing my hair to make it healthy so it will grow.

13. […] You Might Also Like —> Beauty Hack: DIY Lavender And Coconut Scalp Mask To Grow Longer And Healthier Hair […]

14. Anosa says

Never tried a scalp mask before, I wish I could have long healthy hair so I am willign to try anything

15. […] You Might Also Like —> BEAUTY HACK: DIY LAVENDER AND COCONUT SCALP MASK TO GROW LONGER AND HEALTHIER HAIR […]