It’s finally fall and one of my favorite times of the year. Clever crafts and spooky snacks are so much fun to make and these Coffin Pop Tarts will be a great addition to your spooky and fun Halloween treats.
What You’re Going to Need
Ready to Bake Rolled Pie Crust (I used Pillsbury. Find it in the refrigerated section)
Jelly (Your favorite flavor. I used seedless blackberry)
Vanilla Frosting (I used Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla)
Piping Bag or Sandwich Bag
Wilton Coffin Cookie Cutter
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Unroll one pie crust and place on a floured surface.
3. Use your cookie cutter to cut 12 coffin shapes from the pie crust dough.
4. Place six of the pie crust coffins on a cookie sheet or baking stone.
5. Spoon a small amount of jelly into the center of the pie crust as shown. Be sure to keep the filling away from the pastry edges so your pop tarts don’t leak in the oven.
6. Place your remaining pie crust coffin pieces on top of the jelly.
7. Use the tines of a fork to seal the edges of each pop tart.
8. Prick the top of your tarts with the fork tines. You need to do this so that the steam can escape and you don’t end up with big puffy coffins.
9. Bake your pop tarts in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until slightly brown.
10. Allow your pastries to cool completely.
11. Fill a piping bag or sandwich bag with vanilla frosting.
12. Cut a small hole in one end of the bag and use it to pipe a spiderweb design on top. You could also decorate with Halloween sprinkles instead.
What is your favorite Halloween treat to make? Do you and your family have a special craft or snack that you love to make in the fall? Let us know in the comment section below.