If you love chocolate peanut butter cups as much as I do, then you’ll need to pin this recipe! Now, you can recreate the chocolatey treat in your kitchen with these Sprinkled Chocolate Peanut Buttercups, a homemade candy store favorite recipe.
2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
4 Teaspoons Softened Butter
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
Pinch of Salt
Sprinkles (if desired)
Recipe will require:
Mini-muffin baking pan
Mini- muffin cupcake liners
2 small mixing bowls
1. Line baking pan with cupcake liners.
2. Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, powdered sugar, softened butter, and salt in small mixing bowl, mix, and set aside.
3. Combine 2 cups chocolate chips and the leftover 1/4 cup peanut butter, microwave for 15 second intervals, mixing In between, until fulling melted. (Usually takes 60 seconds depending on your microwave.)
4. Take your peanut butter dough and roll into small balls and see aside.
5. Pour a small amount of chocolate and peanut butter goodness into the bottom of your lined cupcake pan.
6. Take your peanut butter balls and carefully put one in each liner, push down just a touch.
7. Now pour the remaining melted chocolate over each ball, use your spoon to evenly spread the chocolate.
8. Top off with desired sprinkles.
9. Put directly into freezer for about 20 minutes, or until firm, sure your pan lays flat.
10. Your delicious peanut butter cups are now ready to enjoy.
11. Get ready to make more because your family and friends will now be requesting these.
Make sure you store these delicious treats in a fridge to prevent any kind of melting.