Looking for a sweet breakfast treat or a snack that will double as a party dessert? Look no further than this Chocolate Chip Orange Muffin recipe that combines unique summer flavors that will wow any crowd. Nothing says summer like citrus, and chocolate is good any time of year!
1 3/4 Cup flour
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1 Cup vanilla yogurt
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/3 Cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Cup powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 400°.
2. Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine your flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, then mix.
4. Now combine your vegetable oil, sour cream, vanilla, egg, orange juice, and orange zest to your dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Fold in your chocolate chips with a spatula.
6. Fill your baking cups 2/3 the way full with your muffin mix.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. While your muffins are baking, mix together your powdered sugar, orange juice, vanilla, and mix until you have a thick glaze.
9. Once your muffins are done baking quickly put a 1/2 teaspoon of your glaze over each muffin while they are still hot.
10. Now they are ready to enjoy!
You can serve these still warm, or tuck them away in the fridge the night before your party. The glaze will sink into the muffins and keep them moist, but a fresh layer when you serve them will needed.