Spring is finally starting shine through the snow and cold. Bits of green are peeking through the hibernation of winter and the Easter holiday is just around the corner. This Spring Party-Friendly Carrot M&M Cupcakes recipe will be an adorable and delicious addition to any festivals or parties, and make an easy spring themed treat.
Cupcake Ingredients (you could also use a box mix to save time) –
1/2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
1 C. sugar
2 large egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C. milk
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2.Combine the softened butter, sugar, egg whites and vanilla mixing
3.Slowly fold in the flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Lastly, add the milk continuing to stir.
5. Pour into greased muffin tins (or liners) and bake 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 20 minutes and if it comes out clean the cupcakes are done.
*Makes approximately 12 cupcakes
Carrot Cupcake Directions/Ingredients –
Orange and Green M&M’s
White frosting, any brand
1. Generously frosting each cupcake with white frosting and set aside.
2. To make a carrot on top of each cupcake you will need 6 orange M&M’s and 2 Green M&M’s – make a triangle using the orange M&M’s as shown.
3. Place 2 green M&M’s directly on top making the stem.
4.Repeat with all the cupcakes.