Get into the spirit of the fall season when you whip up this sweet and simple pumpkin pie & herb face mask. This pumpkin pie & herb face mask is a great way to use up those end of the season herbs, while enjoying the benefits of pumpkin at the same time. This mask will nourish your skin with vitamin E, while the herbs revitalize the skin as well. Take a look below at how to whip up your own!
Here is what you will need:
1 cup of pumpkin pie filling
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of dried or crumbled mint
1 tablespoon of dried or crumbled basil
You may have noticed that we used a pumpkin pie filling and not just pureed pumpkin. The filling has sweet potato mixed in it as well, which is perfect for giving skin a glowing finish. It also contains a little brown sugar which acts as a mild scrub.
- Begin by mixing the pumpkin pie filling and olive oil into a bowl. Mix well.
- Add in the tablespoons of crushed or dried mint and basil. Continue to mix until all of the ingredients are distributed evenly.
- If you wish for your mixture to be a little runnier, add another teaspoon of oil until it is the consistency of your choice.
- You now have the option of heating the mask if you wish. Heating the mask can help you relax further and really open your skin up to the nutrients. Should you wish to, heat the mixture in a microwave safe bowl for 15-30 seconds. Mix it well and touch the inside of the mixture with the back of your hand. You only want it to be warm, not hot.
- Once the mask is to your liking, it is ready to be applied. Apply the mask in a thick layer to your skin, taking care to avoid the eye area. As always, test a small patch of skin before using any skincare products to be sure there is no allergic reaction.
- Allow the mask to rest on your face for 5-10 minutes. You can then rinse it clean with warm water.
So how does the mask work? The pumpkin and sweet potato offer vitamin E, while the mint revitalizes the skin. The basil is an anti inflammatory as well as an antiseptic, so it calms and soothes irritated skin. The sugar in the pie mixture will gently exfoliate, while the olive oil moisturizes.
Give this easy pumpkin pie and herb face mask a try, and see how easy it can be to get glowing fall skin!